To find out about the newest video trends, 550 marketers were polled by The HubSpot Blog. Here are some marketing statistics you should always keep in mind:
- Increased brand awareness and reaching new audiences are, according to 36% of marketers, the primary objectives of their company’s video marketing initiatives.
- 88% of the businesses surveyed have a team solely responsible for producing video content.
According to 38% of marketers, pre-production—which includes ideation, script writing, and casting—takes up the most time during the video production process.
- 88% of the businesses surveyed have a team solely responsible for producing video content.
- In 2019, 29% of businesses made video marketing a priority.
- For 59% of marketers, using video marketing to some extent helped their business achieve its overall objectives.
- Social media (76%) is the most popular platform for sharing or hosting marketing videos, followed by blogs or websites (55%) and email (44%), and Vimeo (31%).
- Two to four videos are released by 31% of brands each month.
Why Embedding Videos in Your Blog Post Is Important
Considering the popularity of videos, embedding videos into your blog posts is a great way to increase engagement and drive more traffic to your site.
Search engines give more visibility to posts that include videos, and research shows that 74% of people believe videos are more effective than blog posts alone for lead generation.
Embedding videos also encourages visitors to stay on your site longer, and search engines often rank posts with video higher than those without them.
Plus, embedding videos makes your content look more professional and engaging, helping you stand out from the competition. So, why not try it and start embedding videos into your blog posts?
What Is Video Embedding in the Blog Post?
Video embedding in a blog post is an easy and effective way to share videos with your readers. By embedding a video, you can add the visual element of a video to your blog post without having to host the file yourself.
All you need to do is copy a small piece of HTML code or URL and paste it into your blog post. This will allow your readers to watch the video without having to leave your page. Here is an example:
Advantages of Embedding Videos in Your Blog Post
Adding a video to your blog post can be a great way to engage your readers and improve your SEO. Here are some advantages of embedding videos in your blog posts:
1. Relatable Content: Videos make information easier to digest and more relatable than just text.
2. SEO Benefits: Video posts can boost your ranking on multiple search engines and help your post get more engagement on social media.
3. Lead Generation: Videos are more effective than blog posts for lead generation.
4. Interactive Content: Videos are more interactive and descriptive than just text, making them great for engaging your readers.
5. Increased Dwell Time: An embedded video could encourage visitors to stay on your site longer, resulting in increased dwell time.
6. Faster Load Time: Since the video is hosted on external servers, it isn’t consuming as many of your own website’s resources, resulting in faster load time for your site.
7. Interactive Elements: Embedding videos enable you to take them to the next level by incorporating interactive elements, such as polls and quizzes.
Why Is Increased Dwell Time Important for SEO?
1. It’s a key metric that tells search engines how engaged visitors are with your website’s content.
2. Dwell time indicates how relevant the content is to the user’s query and how engaging it is.
3. If a user spends a long time on your page, it’s more likely to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
4. Google uses dwell time as one of the signals to determine the relevance of your website’s content.
5. If your website has a low dwell time, it could mean that the content isn’t meeting the user’s needs.
6. To increase dwell time, you need to create content that meets the user’s query and is engaging enough to keep them on the page.
7. This includes having pages that are easy to navigate and have plenty of visual appeal.
8. Additionally, making sure your content is keyword-optimized is important for SEO success.
9. By increasing dwell time, you’ll be able to improve your website’s visibility in search engine results pages and reach more potential customers.
Best 5 WordPress Plugins to Embed Videos to Blog Post
Adding embedded videos to your WordPress website can be difficult, but these plugins can help:
EmbedPress offers an easy way to embed engaging content into the Classic Editor and Gutenberg. It supports videos, images, posts, audio, maps, PDFs and more.
1. EmbedPress is a powerful WordPress plugin that makes it easy to embed anything inside a WordPress site.
2. The plugin is highly rated and scores great on tests, offering users stunning benefits for their brands.
3. EmbedPress shortcode support enables users to quickly manage their reviews.
4. The plugin also offers a widget for Google Reviews, allowing users to easily create and embed reviews on their website.
5. EmbedPress supports the embedding of Google Docs and PDF files, giving users the ability to showcase nearly any type of file on their website.
VideoPress is a lightweight and responsive video player that enables you to host and embed videos on your site. It is compatible with the Video Block in the Gutenberg editor.
1. VideoPress is a commercial plugin author that provides a reasonably priced video hosting solution which can be shared with customers.
2. The maximum upload size for VideoPress is 6GB, or 2GB if you have a plugin-enabled site.
3. You will need to install Jetpack or Slim Jetpack plugin to turn on VideoPress features.
4. VideoPress also allows members to upload videos which can be reviewed, edited and published.
5. Automattic, the company behind VideoPress, recently released a major update to its video player.
6. VideoPress also comes with Sensei Pro, a course builder and LMS plugin for WordPress.
7. Jetpack is an open source WordPress plugin which includes VideoPress modules and other services.
3. Presto Player
Presto Player is a premium WordPress plugin that can help to take your website videos to the next level. It can play videos from a variety of sources and offers outstanding features like interactive video quizzes, video annotations and more.
1. Presto Player is the ultimate video player plugin for WordPress websites, offering secure streaming, fast performance, and a variety of marketing features.
2. With Presto Player Pro, users can have greater control over their video experience and have access to additional features such as integrated analytics.
3. Presto Player is ideal for anyone who wants to upload videos to their WordPress website and get better conversions or use them for online courses.
4. The plugin offers lazy loading, schema support, and other features that make the user experience much better than hosted solutions.
5. Presto Player also supports audio files, making it a brilliant choice for those who need more than just a video player.
6. Users of Presto Player appreciate the convenience and reliability of the plugin and have praised the team for their great customer service.
4. Easy Video Player
Easy Video Player is an easy-to-use solution for embedding videos on your website. It comes with all the features you would expect from a video player.
1. Easy Video Player is a powerful and responsive video player WordPress plugin that can play local video or audio, streaming videos from a server, and MP3s.
2. The plugin is simple and easy to use, enabling users to embed videos quickly and easily on their page or post.
3. It is compatible with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Download, and offers features such as video chapters for viewers to navigate through different sections of the video.
4. All popular video hosting platforms are supported by the plugin, allowing you to use videos from multiple sources.
5. It is a very light-weight plugin while being effective at the same time, making it a great choice for those who want a simple solution for embedding videos on their website.
5. Wonder Video Embed
Wonder Video Embed is an efficient way to embed videos into your website. It is easy to use, fully responsive, and supports all popular video formats.
1. WonderPlugin Video Embed is a powerful and easy-to-use WordPress plugin for adding videos to your website.
2. It allows you to embed videos in sidebar widgets, WordPress posts, and pages.
3. This plugin also enables you to create image, post and video sliders, making it a true wonder for your WordPress sites.
5. WonderPlugin Video Embed also offers shortcodes for easy use and improved SEO.
How to Embed Video in WordPress Blog Post From Media Library
If you want to embed a video in your WordPress blog post from the media library, the process is simple. First, log into your WordPress account and open your Dashboard. Navigate to the page on which you plan to embed the video and then click on the ‘Add Media’ button. You can then upload the video from your computer or select it from the media library.
When you click Add media, the Media window will open to allow you to browse the available files. Select the videos file you want to embed.
In the ‘Attachment Display Options’, select Embed Media Player, and then click ‘Insert Into Page’. You will then see the video code in the editor. When you click Publish, you can view the page to see the video.
When uploading a video to WordPress, be aware of a few things. It puts it on your server and on your site, which is problematic.
External services like YouTube, Vimeo and Amazon S3 are great options for large-scale video sharing. Videos uploaded to an external service are web-optimized, so you won’t overwhelm your website’s bandwidth if too many people watch the video at once. Plus, it’s easier to embed or link to the videos from your WordPress website in just a few clicks.
How to Embed a Youtube Video in Your Blog Post
1. Embedding a YouTube video in a WordPress blog post or page is easy. All you need to do is copy the URL of the video you want to embed and paste it into the WordPress editor.
2. You can also click the “Share” link located under the video and simply copy-paste the URL into the vidual editor. This is how you can embed YouTube video in the WordPress blog post without using a plugin.
3. Another option is to use the YouTube plugin by EmbedPlus, for example, as we discussed above, which offers several ways to customize the videos you embed on your WordPress website.
WordPress blocks allow you to easily add videos to your website. Create a new block and search for “video”, then simply copy the URL of the YouTube video that you want to share. Paste the link in the box.
5. Finally, click “Preview” to make sure that the video is appearing properly, and then click “Publish” to share it with your readers.
How to Embed a Vimeo Video in Your Blog Post
1. Locate the video you wish to embed on Vimeo.
2. Click the Share button under the video.
3. Copy the embed code or just the URL of the video.
4. Log in to your WordPress site and go to the post or page where you want to embed the video.
5. Switch to the Text editor, then paste the embed code where you want the video to appear or paste the URL in the Visual Editor.
6. Update or publish your post or page to view the embedded video.
How to Add mp4 Video to WordPress Website
Adding an MP4 Video to a WordPress Website in 3 Easy Steps
1. Upload Video to Media Library: Log into your WordPress dashboard, go to Media -> Add New, and click the Upload tab in the media browser. From here, you can upload the MP4 file from your computer.
2. Insert a new block and look for the “Video” option. After uploading a video, select it from your media library.
3. How to insert Video in Sidebar or Footer: If you want your video in a sidebar or footer instead of the main page content, that’s easy too. Simply navigate to Appearance > Widgets and click the “Add Video” icon in your selected location. This will allow you to add a video widget to your sidebar or footer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I embed a video from YouTube or Vimeo?
For YouTube and Vimeo videos, all you have to do is copy the “shareable” URL and paste it on its own line in your blog post, without making it a hyperlink.
How to find out the correct URL of a YouTube video?
Often when you come across YouTube videos, the URL for the page you’re viewing will contain strings of search related material that will interfere with WordPress’s ability to embed the video.
Therefore, do not copy the link from the address bar in your browser. For sharing, use the special “Share” URL from YouTube, which contains the video ID at the end.
What is the video ID?
The video ID is the unique identifier for a particular video. It is usually a string of numbers and letters that appear at the end of the shareable URL.
What URLs will not embed?
Hyperlinked URLs will not embed: URLs other than the “Shareable” versions may also not embed.
Can I Upload Videos Directly to WordPress?
Well, you can, but we don’t recommend you do so.
How do I use the new WordPress block editor?
The new WordPress block editor makes it easy to embed videos. Simply insert a new block and search for the “Video” options, then open the YouTube video you want to share on your website. Copy and paste the link in the block. Finally, click “Preview” to make sure that the video is appearing properly, and then click “Publish” to share it.
How to embed videos in WordPress sidebar widgets?
Simply go to Appearance » Widgets in your WordPress admin area and then click the ‘Plus’ add block icon and then select the video block.
What are the benefits of using YouTube?
YouTube is definitely one of the best video platforms where you can search for and access free educational and informative video content to use in your blog post.
How do I improve my SEO with videos?
One of the easiest and most effective ways to significantly improve your website’s SEO footprint in Google is by embedding YouTube videos in your website’s pages and blog posts.
What is the SEO value of YouTube videos?
YouTube videos can help you improve your website’s SEO by increasing the dwell time of visitors on your website. This is because when a visitor watches a YouTube video, they are likely to stay on the page for longer and explore more content.
In conclusion, embedding videos in blog posts is an easy and effective way to engage your readers. Whether you’re using YouTube, Vimeo, or Amazon S3, it’s simple to add videos to your WordPress website with just a few clicks.
You can use WordPress blocks or widgets to add videos to sidebars and footers. With these tools at your disposal, you can easily create engaging content that will keep your readers coming back for more.